Monday, November 3, 2008

Parker The Tree Climber


One of the classes we are offering at the Elementary school this year is a tree climbing class. Let me tell you, it's been a HIT with all the kids. They do walking on ropes and ladders and climbing up ropes to the treetops and sliding down and they are going to be doing the zip line very soon. Parker has LOVED this class, which is a surprise to me because he's not comfortable in heights. He has gotten higher each week and says can I go up one more step each time he's up there. I am very impressed how his confidence in this has grown and it always makes me happy when I can say that I have spent $65.00 well!

5 comments:

J9 said...

See, you do carry your camera around with you! I just think of it as an extension of my journalling, so I carry my camera everywhere. This class sounds like so much fun! And as a mom, I am thrilled with the idea of safety equipment! Has he tried this at home yet, though?

Gayle and Curt Family Blog said...

Go Parker! Way to go! I want to come out and watch you!

Julie said...

Oh, no, I don't carry MY camera around...this picture was done by the photographer that is paid to be there to make a diary of the events each week...sorry for getting your expectations up.

Lynnette said...

That sounds like a blast! Is there an age or more likely a weight limit? Could I go on it if I came out there? Soon he will be scaling your walls inside and out and think...you paid $65 to get him started! Way to go mom! YEA!

Bryce and Katie said...

Oh sweet Parker! A climbing class...what a great idea. So Bryce and I are missing you and your family. We were reminiscing the other day about when we went to see Horton Hears a Who :) How long must we wait until we see you next?